Thursday, July 23, 2009

Welcome Antonia Tiranth

1. Tell us about your upcoming/recent release.

The Gathering released on Monday, July 20th. It's the second in my Tales of The Rikashi Series. This installment follows Aer's brother, Shirak as he tries to figure out a puzzling prophecy and his feelings for the daughter of an enemy.

2. What gave you the idea for your upcoming/recent release?

I kinda got the idea from a Dragonforce song.

3. How much time does it take you to finish a book?

It depends. For The Quickening, I wrote the first draft in 30days for NaNoWriMo. It took a few months to edit that on my own and then a few more with Lyrical. The Gathering was written in about three months. The same is happening for a new series I'm working on. The first book I finished in about a month but the second is a little slower.

5. What is your favorite part of being a writer?

I love plotting. There is no greater feeling than talking out your ideas with your writing buddy, learning about your new world and characters.

5. What is your least favorite part of being a writer?

I really don't like coming up with blurbs and excerpts. I would say that's the hardest part.

6. What are you working on now?

Mulling around in my brain is the fourth installment in the Rikashi Series and what I'm actually writing is the second of my new series, The Tarot Kings

7. All writers started out as readers - who're your favorite authors?

Anne McCaffery and Stephen King are my two oldest favorites. My newer favorites are Angela Knight and Elizabeth Hoyt

8. What are your goals as a writer?

Hmm…I would have to say that my goals are to grow as much as I possibly can and maybe one day be able to write full-time. I would love to be able to focus 100% on my writing but right now, still working for The Man LOL.

Sorry about the formating - Can't seem to get blogger to work right today.

2 comments:

  1. I read this one too - OUTSTANDING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Del and Tir! Loved the interview! I am yet to read the book but have read the awesome reviews! Way to go girl! You one day WILL be a full time writer!

    Val

    ReplyDelete